By signing up for the Nourished Self Membership, I hereby acknowledge and agree:
1) The purpose of nutritional counseling is to improve the overall health, vitality, and well-being of the body through nutritional education and the use of natural foods and non-medicinal nutritional supplements. The Nutrition Consultant, Julie Doan, does not diagnose diseases, disorders, or conditions.
2) The Nutrition Consultant, Julie Doan, is not a licensed Dietitian, Naturopathic Doctor or Medical Physician. While she is a pharmacist, she will not be performing acts or activities reserved only for pharmacists in the context of the Health Coaching Sessions or Nutrition Counselling Services.
3) As part of the Nutritional Counselling Services, I may be asked to provide information concerning my physical habits, medical history, moods, energy levels, likes and dislikes, lifestyle and diet. This information is collected to enable the Nutrition Consultant to: (i) assess my knowledge of nutrition, (ii) education me about the benefits of sound nutritional practices, and (iii) recommend dietary changes to improve my general health, vitality, and overall well-being. The Nutrition Consultant, Julie Doan will hold this information in confidence and will not release or disclose this information to any other person, without my prior consent, except as required by applicable law.
4) If the Nutrition Consultant, Julie Doan, suspects the existence of disease, disorder or condition, I will be informed of this suspicion. However, I acknowledge this is not a diagnosis or conclusion about the state of my health and that I am directed to promptly consult a licensed Physician or Naturopath about any suspected problems.
5) Should I request the Nutrition Consultant, Julie Doan, to recommend dietary changes and/or nutritional supplements to enhance my body’s natural ability to resist and/or overcome a known disease, disorder or condition, it is my responsibility to disclose the nature of the disease, disorder or condition and all other relevant details to the Nutrition Consultant, Julie Doan. If I have not previously consulted a licensed Physician or Naturopath about this disease, disorder or condition, I acknowledge that I am directed to promptly do so. I am not to alter or discontinue treatments prescribed by a licensed Naturopath, Physician, or other licensed health professionals without consulting the individual who prescribed the treatment.
6) In providing Nutrition Counselling Services to me, the Nutrition Consultant, Julie Doan, is relying upon the truth, accuracy, and completeness of all information I have provided to her. Any recommendations I follow for changes in diet, including the use of nutritional supplements, are entirely my responsibility.
7) The Nutrition Consultant, Julie Doan, is in no way liable for my health or safety.
8) In consideration of my participation in the Nutritional Counselling Services, I hereby accept all risks to my health, including injury or death that may result from such participation and I hereby release the Nutrition Consultant, Julie Doan, on my behalf and on behalf of my personal representatives, estate, heirs, next of kin, and assigns from any and all costs, claims, causes of action and damages arising from any and all illness or injury to my person, including my death, that may result from or occur as a result of my participation in the Nutrition Counselling Services, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
9) By subscription to the Nourished Self Membership, the Nutrition Consultant, Julie Doan, will give me access to the learning platform, the pre-recorded videos, group calls, and the online community for the period of my active subscription. I understand that if I cancel my subscription, I will no longer have access to the membership material.
10) I will only use the material inside of the membership for my personal use. I will not distribute nor share the membership material with other people under any circumstances. I will not copy or plagiarize the membership material for personal or business use. If the Nutrition Consultant, Julie Doan, has reasons to believe I have copied or plagiarized her material, she has the right to cancel my subscription without a refund.
11) Cancellation and refund policy: I understand that no refund may be made on the amount already paid for the Nourished Self membership or the added 1:1 sessions.
If I have a monthly subscription, I understand that I must cancel my subscription 48 hours before the renewal period in order to not be billed for the subsequent month. If I fail to cancel 48 hours before the renewal period, I understand that I will be charged for the subsequent month.
If I have an annual subscription, there is no automatic renewal after the 12-month period.
12) In case of payment failure, my subscription will be paused. I will be alerted to update my credit card information. If I do not make the payment within 7 days of my renewal period, my subscription will be canceled.
13) If I decide to cancel my monthly membership and rejoin at a later time, I understand that I’ll need to resubscribe for a minimum of 3 months and will receive access to the material according to the set publishing schedule.
14) 24 hours or more is required for canceling 1:1 appointments. Appointments canceled within 24 hours of your appointment time, you will be billed at 100%.
15) I understand that any therapies I undertake at Julie Doan Health are undertaken of my own free will. I accept that the ultimate responsibility for my health care is my own and that Julie Doan Health is here to support me in this. I understand that my practitioner reserves the right to determine which cases fall outside their scope of practice, in which event an appropriate referral will be recommended. I hereby agree to assume full responsibility for any manner of loss, injury, claim or damage whatsoever, known or unknown, incurred as a result of same and I, my heirs, executors, administrators or assigns for any loss, injury, claim or damage sustained as a result of my attendance and/or participation. I have read the above release and waiver of liability, and fully understand its contents and voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated.
16) I authorize the Nutrition Consultant, Julie Doan, to share screenshots of what I share inside the online community (Facebook group) in a way that protects my identity and that reveals zero information that can be traced back to me. The Nutrition Consultant, Julie Doan, will only take screenshots of the wins.