Me love you long time.
Unfortunately, I don’t seem to process carbs like I used to. Every time I eat it, my blood sugar goes out of whack, and then my energy crashes in the afternoon (click here to learn why this happens).
If you have prediabetes or diabetes, this likely sounds familiar to you. So you’ve either been avoid bread or minimizing your portions to keep your blood sugar under control.
However, when I heard of a low-carb flour-free bread recipe, I knew I had to share it with you! This bread taste wonderful with nut butter, guacamole, cream cheese and lox… the possibilities are endless! The texture is closer to a dense banana bread than toast, but if that still sounds good to you, the recipe is below.
If you want more blood sugar-friendly recipes, sign up for my Naturally Sweet Challenge You’ll get a mini-recipe book that includes zero-added sugar meals as well as 5-days worth of tips to help you reduce your sugar intake and cravings. Click here to sign up.
Flour-free flax seed bread
- 2 cup Ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- ¾ tsp Sea salt
- 5 Eggs
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup Coconut or avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Grease the inside of a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together flax, baking powder, and salt. Use a whisk to stir until well combined.
- In another bowl, beat eggs with a whisk for 30 to 60 seconds. Add water and coconut oil, mixing until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined. Let the batter sit for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spoon. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until the top feels set and the loaf is browned.
- Once cooled, slice and store in the fridge or freezer.
Can’t wait to try this recipe.
Hi Karlene! Thanks so much for the comment. Please let me know how it turns out 🙂
Hi I cant wait to tey this! So is this zero net carbs?
Hi Trisha! So glad to hear you want to try this recipe! Yes, it is zero net carb. Isn’t that wonderful? 🙂
I made this bread! Love it!
No sugar; no flour; yum!
From one Julie to another Julie ❣️
Hi Julie, I’m so glad you love it! And thank you for taking the time to let me know you tried it out 😀